Translate WGS84 to Mercator Projection

Sep 2, 2011 at 6:18 PM
Edited Sep 5, 2011 at 10:14 AM

How can i convert WGS64 lat/lon co-ordinates to mercator lat/lon co-ordinates.

If you have any ideas Please Share.

Thanks

Developer
Sep 2, 2011 at 8:12 PM
Edited Sep 2, 2011 at 8:14 PM

@sneha_783

You'll have to provide a little more clarification.  WGS84 lat/lon coordinates are spherical units.  Mercator is a type of map projection whose coordinates are specified as Eastings and Northings - X and Y coordinates - unlike your reference to "mercator lat/long co-ordinates".  I'm presuming that you really want your WGS84 lat/long coordinates transformed in the server to "some" Mercator projection.  Additionally, based on the question you posed on the wgs84 lat/longs_web mercator discussion, I'll presume you want the Web Mercator projection (EPSG 3857).  If this is the case, please refer back to the wgs84 lat/longs web mercator discussion, as it supplies everything you need to do.

If you have additional questions on how to apply this to your specific environment/needs, please let me know and I will assist you.

Thanks,

-Ed

Sep 4, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I am using ASP Maps. The Lat/Lon co-ordinate for a specific area or specific point on my map is different from that on Google maps. So I want to convert the Lat/Lon co-ordinates on ASP Maps(WGS84 Projection) to that of Google Maps(Mercator Projection). How can I do that. If I am wrong somewhere Please correct me and suggest me what I should do.