I am a vendor working for Microsoft now.
have successfully used the SQL Server Spatial Tool in a Windows desktop app. I am now trying to use it for a Windows Store app.
- Create a new Windows Store app.
- Add reference to SQLSpacialTools
- Add reference to Microsoft.SqlServer.Types
- Add reference to System.Data (4.0)
- Build – Get error - Cannot find type System.SystemException in module mscorlib.dll
If I try to reference System.Data version 2.0, I get error that it is not valid for store apps. If I try to add System.Data version 4.0, I get the error above.
I am using Microsoft.SqlServer.Types v 2014.120.2000.8. I have tried earlier versions as well.
Seems like this library needs to be rebuilt referencing System.Data v4.0 and not 2.0.
I have tried to build this library as a Windows Store class library as well. This didn't work either.
Attaching class library reduced to just what I need and